1. Create a website – when people search your name they need to find something.
2. Participate in Social Media – at least join Facebook – try Twitter, Instagram, a blog or vlog. Get active on at least one venue that allows you to connect with readers and other writers. For instance, check out Writers Unboxed and “like” their Facebook page.
3. Hold a book launch party at a bookstore – provide sales numbers.
4. Join a writers group that promotes its members – nationally or locally whichever you prefer.
5. Join professional associations (where applicable) or groups like Mystery Writers of America or Sisters in Crime, Romance Writers of America, Historical Novel Society, Horror Writers Association, etc.
6. Encourage readers to write reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.
7. Promote your book – to your friends – to your community – to groups with similar interests – to book lovers – libraries – independent book stores.